Hi ya! Welcome to my abode, where a cuppa is always on offer with a wide variety of tea blends & a home baked treat at the ready!
I’m having a peppermint tea today with a dash of honey & a gf blueberry muffin. Grab your favorite cuppa, get comfy & join me in a time of reflection.
I’m having one of those weeks, you know those weeks where everything seems not to go to plan. Where it doesn’t matter what you do or how hard you try, it just doesn’t go the way you thought it would!
I know you know what I’m talking about, as everyone has them right! Although I don’t have them very often… It seems this week in particular I’m making up for it!
My week shared…
- First, our large metal & timber side gate that spans our driveway was ripped off its large metal hinges by a very strong gust of wind!
- Then…my car broke down on our way home from my grandson’s birthday!
- Then…I had to stop all pain medication for the chronic pain I have with Fibromyalgia. As the analgesics have started to affect the lining of my stomach. And having experienced The unexpected emergency… with dear hubby, in no way do I want to go through that scenario!
- Then…We had a very strange event when a wild Tawny Frogmouth fell out of our Jacaranda tree, very sick, so hubby took it to the vet & learned it had a neurological disease & had to be euthanized!
- Then the following…The reflection I had in mind for this week got half written…When no further words came to mind! Nothing! So, I started another reflection, thinking that the first will be for another week, again I got half way &….you guessed it…Nothing! Not a word!
So today we are reflecting upon the week that didn’t quite go to plan…
However this week also contained…
- Winter sunshine to go for lovely walks around My neighborhood…which helps lower pain levels.
- The company of my lovely husband, who fixed both the gate & my car.
- The opportunity to spend time with my second grandson on his 12th birthday.
- We helped a beautiful creature that would have suffered a long lingering death from starvation.
- Received exciting updates from my second granddaughter’s mission trip to the Solomon Islands.
- An update from my eldest globetrotting granddaughter, presently working in Italy.
- Also received further updates from the Aussie adventures of my eldest daughter & family on their twelve month road trip around our beautiful country.
- Hubby & I got to see Jupiter & five of its many moons on an astronomical adventure through our telescopes from the comfort of our own backyard which was such fun!
- And the words for this reflection flowed easily!
I’m reminded of the word I was given for this year, Grace…&…
“We know all things work together for good, for those who love Him & are called according to His purpose…”
Yes, it was one of those weeks….that turned out to be more blessed then I first thought as its all about what we focus upon…Isn’t it!
How has your week been my friend? Have you had one of those weeks? Can you see the blessings?
Until next time,
© teawithjennifer.blog All Rights Reserved. Photos on Pexels.com