Are you finding it difficult to find Comfort & Joy in this Christmas season my friend?
Has it all become rather overwhelming?
In the busyness of this season & after all the traumas we’ve experienced I invite you to take a little breather & join me in a relaxing cuppa…
I have a hot mug of Spicy Christmas tea (so delicious) ready for us & a little Short crust fruit mince tart for our treat.
So let’s put our feet up as we reflect & sip awhile…
Many years ago I came to the realisation that the Spirit of Christmas is not in the material things that the media & marketing world would have us believe.
Nor, is it in the latest gift ideas, nor in the perfect tree & decorations, it’s not in the food we serve or even the people we celebrate with!
You see all these things while traditional & may make us feel warm & fuzzy…
Or stressed out & overwhelmed…are not what Christmas is actually about!
Christmas is about joy & comfort…Comfort & joy!
Let me explain…
- Joy that mankind has been gifted the Prince of Peace from that very first Christmas night ~ Jesus the Christ
- Joy in the good news of Christ’s message Peace on earth...
- Joy that the ultimate relationship He came to give is open to all today Ladies & Gentlemen!
- Comfort that through Jesus, also known as Immanuel, God is with us.
- Comfort that He has already defeated the enemy of our souls through the Easter experience.
- Comfort that He has promised that He will return…soon!
So although 2020-21 have been extremely overwhelming years for us with this Pandemic, that keeps on keeping on, it doesn’t change those facts!
Let’s dwell upon the importance of Christ in this Christmas season for a few more moments…
“For God so loved the world
that He gave His one & only Son,
so that whomsoever believes
in Him [Jesus Christ] shall not perish
but have life eternal.”
Christmas isn’t just a season
it’s a relationship
May you come to know His peace, joy & comfort not just in this season my friend but in all the seasons to come, how to do this is shared here.
Until next time,
© 2021 Jennifer M. Ross, teawithjennifer.blog, All Rights Reserved. Photo by David Orsborne on Pexels.com