Welcome my friend! Have you noticed that when we are truly grateful for things in life we experience a certain release from negative thoughts & emotions!
There’s an awakening to the positive delights that surround us as the negative aspects in our life fade into the background…There’s a reason for this…
This is our topic for reflection today the reason thankfulness begets an attitude of gratefulness.
First, shall we get that well deserved hot cuppa & leftover cookie that we’ve had our eye upon, put our feet up & enjoy a little rest from all the busyness…
Now we’re settled in, let us begin…
Did you know that there is actually a special neuro chemical exchange going on in our brains when we purposefully look for things in our lives to be grateful for…
You see our brains will look for the things that confirm what we already believe in our heart of hearts to feed either the ‘reward’ or ‘feel good’ neuro chemistry release.
To give an example; if I believe that negative things always happen to me in life then I will only recognize the negative circumstances to confirm this heart felt belief.
Every thing in life will be viewed through negative lenses. Which may get to the point where I will not be able to recognize any positive aspects in my life because that doesn’t feed the reward neuro chemistry of my negative beliefs.
However this can be reversed as research has discovered!
Conversely, if I look for things to be grateful for no matter how small, my neuro chemistry gets an extra surge of added chemicals which my brain really enjoys!
It’s those ‘feel good’ chemicals that our brains love & so do we! Thus, it will start to look for that extra release through gratefulness rather then negativity!
This scientific research only confirms what the ancient text already told us two thousand years ago…
“…in everything gives thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Here in Australia we don’t have the tradition of celebrating a time of Thanksgiving, as in other parts of the world but I love the idea!
But I do look to the moments of gratitude in each day…Today I’m grateful for…
* You my dear friend! Thank you for joining me here for a cuppa & our time of reflection together! I look forward to your visit each & every week…its a very special time.
* My hubby who is a constant quiet & loving presence in my life. Always wanting to help wherever he can, meet him in Relationships
* Our daughters & grandchildren, in our combined family, are all well at the moment! That is a blessing!
* The peace & comfort of my home & it’s location by the sea, I so enjoy this area in this season of chronic health conditions. Shared in My neighborhood…
* The wonderful freedom found in giving thanks especially through Faith, it truly is an all rounder blessing!
So my dear friend, what is your brain wired towards to gain it’s neuro chemical release, negativity or gratitude?
Until next time,
© teawithjennifer.blog All Rights Reserved. Photo on Pexels.com