Welcome! This section is to give a greater understanding to grief & its complexities through a personal & professional perspective.
Grief can come to us through many circumstances in life;
- Through the diagnosis of a terminal illness.
- The death of a loved one.
- The birth & ongoing care of a special needs child.
- The loss of long term relationships.
- Financial collapse.
- Natural disasters
- Career loss
- Chronic health conditions.
What ever the cause, we find ourselves grieving for who or what we have lost & for what we thought the future held before our loss…
This emotional pain can be very raw, in fact so raw we feel extremely fragile, distraught, crushed & broken.
I do empathize as I too have experienced this agonizing pain dear friend. I have lost two of my children, my daughter Candy & my son Benjamin within twelve months of each other & then my dear husband to brain cancer.
I have also experienced the pain of divorce in my first marriage with the continuing legacy that leaves. And presently I live with Chronic Health conditions which has its own grief.
You may find both my personal & professional experience, as one who has traveled this path of grief as a Mental Health care practitioner informative & inspirational.
Please grab yourself a hot cuppa, get comfy & join me in the following reflections…
- Emotional processes… – The process of grief in infant death, stillbirth & miscarriage.
- How we deal with negative emotions…– Grief & loss, healing from bitterness.
- Tea & Tigers in the Highlands of Malaysia… – Preparation for things to come.
- Home sweet home – Terminal Cancer diagnosis, death of a spouse.
- The gift of a Rose… – Grief triggers.
- Life after Trauma – The legacy of grief & how to deal with it.
- Mental Health – Some Reflections on Grief associated with mental health.
- Chronic Health – Some Reflections on Grief associated with chronic health conditions.
- Layers of disappointment – Underlying process of grief in the long term.
- Peace amidst the chaos… – The grief associated with the diagnosis of severe birth defects of your child in utero & the legacy of Abortion.
- Restore… – Restoration during seasons of grief.
- Challenging days…really! – Grief in everyday situations.
- Feeling alone… – Grief of loneliness.
- Mending brokenness – Process of healing.
- Faith – Reflections on Faith.
You’re most welcome to join me in a cuppa anytime my dear friend at my HOME page.
© teawithjennifer.blog All Rights Reserved. Photo on Pexels.com