These recipes are the treats that I mention in my main blog, I have had requests for my recipes…so this section has been added…these are my own creations tried & tested…feel free to try them out for yourself… Jennifer
Earl Grey Tea Date Loaf Gf & Lf*
- 375g or 11oz packet of pitted dates.
- I cup of boiling hot (strongly brewed) black Earl Grey Tea**
- 1 cup of gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure Vanilla extract
Place the dates in a bowl & pour the full cup of boiling hot tea over them, cover & allow to soak overnight.
Preheat oven to 160° Celsius or 320° Fahrenheit. Add vanilla & the cup of flour into the soaked (do not drain any liquid off) date mix. Stir until combined.
Place in baking paper lined small loaf tin. Bake in the oven for 45mins (or until the skewer comes out clean when loaf is pierced in the middle).
Slice into thick slices & serve warm with lashings of lactose free or nut butter!
** Any hot cup of fragrant black tasty tea or black coffee blend can be substituted.
Banana Muffins Gf & Lf*
Following the same recipe as the Apple & Passionfruit cupcakes below but with the following changes;
- Substitute raw sugar for white sugar
- Only a 1/2 cup of lactose free milk not 3/4 cup
- Add 1 cup of ripe smashed banana instead of the Applesauce or stewed apples
- No passionfruit
- Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
Strawberry Cupcakes Gf & Lf*
Following the same directions for the Apple & Passionfruit cupcakes below, but with the following changes;
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar instead of the white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence instead of the passion fruit pulp
- 1/2 cup of slightly cooked Strawberry/berries instead of the applesauce
- 1 tablespoon of blueberry sauce instead of the Lemon juice
Apple & Passionfruit cupcakes with lemon icing GF & LF*
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of cold pressed virgin olive oil (light vegetable oil can be used)
- 3/4 cup of lactose free milk (as below other milks can be used)
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce or finely diced stewed apples
- Pulp of 1 passionfruit
Combine flour, sugar, salt in bowl, in a separate bowl lightly blend milk, oil & egg add to dry ingredients, mix until light & smooth just with hand power is fine. About 2-3 minutes, add apple & passionfruit pulp, combine.
Spoon into cupcake cases/greased pan. Bake in a moderate 190C/375F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cake rake.
- 1 Cup of pure icing or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of unsalted butter can be added (if lactose intolerance isn’t a problem)
Mix until well combined. Ice/frost cupcakes when cool.
Makes 6 medium or 12 small cupcakes. Enjoy!
Cinnamon & Pecan muffins GF & LF*
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (make sure it is free from gluten fillers)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of cold pressed virgin olive oil (light vegetable oil can also be used)
- 3/4 cup lactose free milk (almond, macadamia or soy milk can be used)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 – 12 pecan halves for the top of the muffin
Place flour, sugar, salt & cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Combine egg, oil & milk in a separate small bowl & blend. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to combine. Add the 1/2 cup of pecans & fold through the mixture..spoon batter into muffin cases/pan. Top with a pecan half.
Bake in 190C/375F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with nut butter or margarine.
Makes 6 medium muffins or 12 smaller muffins. Freezes well once cooled for up to three months…rewarm in microwave straight from freezer (approx. 20 seconds depending on your microwave wattage) for a delicious snack.
* GF = gluten free. LF = lactose free.
All recipes Copyright: teawithjennifer.blog