These recipes are the treats that I mention in my main blog, I have had requests for my recipes…so this section has been added…these are my own creations tried & tested…feel free to try them yourself… Jennifer
Apple & Passionfruit cupcakes with lemon icing GF & LF*
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of cold pressed virgin olive oil (light vegetable oil can be used)
- 3/4 cup of lactose free milk (as below other milks can be used)
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce or finely diced stewed apples
- Pulp of 1 passionfruit
Combine flour, sugar, salt in bowl, in a separate bowl lightly blend milk, oil & egg add to dry ingredients, mix until light & smooth just with hand power is fine. About 2-3 minutes, add apple & passionfruit pulp, combine.
Spoon into cupcake cases/greased pan. Bake in a moderate 190C/375F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cake rake.
- 1 Cup of pure icing or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of unsalted butter can be added (if lactose intolerance isn’t a problem)
Mix until well combined. Ice/frost cupcakes when cool.
Makes 6 medium or 12 small cupcakes. Enjoy!
Cinnamon & Pecan muffins GF & LF*
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (make sure it is free from gluten fillers)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of cold pressed virgin olive oil (light vegetable oil can also be used)
- 3/4 cup lactose free milk (almond, macadamia or soy milk can be used)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 – 12 pecan halves for the top of the muffin
Place flour, sugar, salt & cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Combine egg, oil & milk in a separate small bowl & blend. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to combine. Add the 1/2 cup of pecans & fold through the mixture..spoon batter into muffin cases/pan. Top with a pecan half.
Bake in 190C/375F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with nut butter or margarine.
Makes 6 medium muffins or 12 smaller muffins. Freezes well once cooled for up to three months…rewarm in microwave straight from freezer (approx. 20 seconds depending on your microwave wattage) for a delicious snack.
* GF = gluten free. LF = lactose free.